Dean Elmore of Boston University held his first of two Summer TweetUp on Monday June 25th at Allston’s Tavern in the Square from 8pm until midnight. The TweetUp is organized by Dean Elmore and the Dean of Students office to reconnect with the BU and Boston area friends alike.
Who is Dean Elmore?
If you don’t know Dean Elmore, you need to follow him on Twitter, @DeanElmore, and come out to his next TweetUp! Dean Kenn Elmore is the Dean of Students at Boston University well-known on the Twittersphere with his tweets from in and around Boston. Lately he has been taking some great photos and sharing them on Instagram as well. He is well-known in the BU community as an approachable and friendly dean who believes in the power of social media and bringing the community together.
What happened at the event?
The event was very successful in bringing the community together – not just the Boston University community but a variety group of people who just love to meet people in Boston who are passionate about social media, having an impact and/or education. People were gathered in small groups discussing the latest industry news to documentaries oh psychology and education (talk about a variety)!
- Little Hashtag Fun: The hashtag for the event was #SO02134, which some people had a little hard time catching on “what was that again..? 2..3? 1..2..4. what?” but the meaning behind the hashtag was definitely as trendy as Dean Elmore’s bow tie. #So02134 meant ‘So Allston’ (the zip code is 02134) which is where the event was held in. Tavern in the Square in Allston, known as TITS to the BU community is the perfect place to have an event for the BU community and indeed ‘so Allston.’
- Great Food: The event and the venue did a great job of organizing a wide range of food from chicken fingers, pizza to cheese and crackers. Food came out fast, was refiled quickly and of course, yummy.
- Working the Crowd: This really depends on the type of person and how comfortable the host is but Dean Elmore is well-known for being able to talk and connect with anyone and everyone. The hosts of the events were making sure to introduce people to each other which can be very helpful for shy networkers especially if it is their first time at an event full of people that know each other already.
It was definitely a fun event. Many people came out despite the thunderstorm and stayed until very late. Definitely keep a look out for the next one happening in July. Sign up for our newsletter and check our calendar out for many other great events like this in Boston. Hope to meet you at an event soon!
- Organizers: Follow @deanelmore Follow @sportsgirlkat Follow @alisonluarie
- Event Hashtag: #So02134
- Frequency: Monthly MeetUp during the summer
- Registration: Eventbrite
- Venue: Tavern in the Square Allston (@TavernSqAllston)
Short URL: http://bit.ly/BTUrDETU