Tonight November 4th 2010 will be the first ever @BostonTweetUp & Emerson Social Media #ESM Tweetup Crawl. Joselin Mane, founder of @BostonTweetUp, will take 30 #ESM students along with their professor David Gerzof, founder of BIGfish, Thomas Edwards, founder of The Professional Wingman, and anyone else that will like to join on this first ever tweetup crawl.
The point of this tweetup crawl / Social Media Experiment event is to see how social media tools can be incorporated into offline activities (like events) beyond the @FourSquare checkin. Although checking on Foursquare , completing some challenges via SCVNGR and some other exciting Geolocation funness will be part of tonight’s event.
Throughout the night we will create a shared experience that connects our online Facebook, Twitter, etc friends with the new friends and people we will be interacting with offline.
The ESM students will also learn how to deal with some of the same challenges associated with Social Media in the online world like:
- Time Management – a common concern is Social Media takes too much time, well just imagine going to more than 2 events a night
- Relationship Building – How can you build relationships 140 Chars at a time? The same way you develop them off line one event/interaction at a time
- Content Creation – If content is King, How does one build a strong Kingdom? Lessons in Real time Content creation.
- Build Influence – How starting off by contributing to a community / event as a way to quickly start building influence
- Branding – How going to event can help build a strong personal brand
- Privacy – When does offline stay offline and whats OK to share with the world
- Tool Selection – Which Social Media tools should one use?
- ROI – What’s the ROI of leveraging Social Media Tools?
- LBS – How can you leverage Location Based Services in a real world scenario.
And of course!
- Tweetups – What is it and what separates it from traditional events
View ArtsEmerson: The World On Stage in a larger map
Starting @ 6pm Paramount Theater 559 Washington Street Boston MA 02111
- The Email Mafia (Boston) WorkBar Boston – 711 Atlantic Ave – Boston, MA 02111 http://bit.ly/ULSBos10 6:30pm-9pm #ULS
- WineTweetup BOS: A Night in Napa Splash Lounge 150 Kneeland Street Boston, MA 02111 http://bit.ly/WineUpBos #wtbos 6-9pm
- Kiki’s Farewell Bash Parris 250 Faneuil Hall Market Pl Boston, MA 02109 http://bit.ly/KiKiUp #KiKiUp 6-9pm
- Boston GovUp: Meet. Learn. Grow. 21st Amendment – 150 Bowdoin St Boston, MA 02108 http://bit.ly/BosGovUp #BosGovUp 5:30-8pm
- Harvard Square BurritUp 71 Mt. Auburn Street – Cambridge, MA 02138 http://bit.ly/BurritUp2 6:30pm-11am #BurritUp
You can follow us by visiting this page. Following the #ESMup & #ESM Hashtag. All Content produced ie blog posts, pictures, videos, etc will be tagged with ESMup.
Here are #ESMup tweets about the BostonTweetUp & Emerson Social Media 2010 Tweetup Crawl
Here are general Emerson Social Media #ESM Tweets