This year’s Boston Fashion week was amazing and there was a lot of talk about it both on and offline. We were super exited when the TheSwapaholics team, the official in-person event hostesses for Swap.com, asked us to be apart of it this year, since we specialize in integrating social media into events.
Their challenge : “We thought we were “advanced” users when it came to using and tracking social media, but knew that we needed better tools for tracking & measuring the impact, reach, and influence of our events.”
One of the first things we did was to determine what the event goals were. Here were just a few of our major goals:
- Determine how many people spoke about event
- Make sure all the sponsors were recognized with their proper twitter name
- Quantify the success of the event via social media
- Reach as many people as possible
- Ideally be one of the most talked about events during Boston Fashion Week
Well we are excited to say that we not only accomplished those goals but more importantly we surpassed all of them!
Here are some of the high-level stats
- 275 stylish Boston ladies produced 385 total tweets using the #BFWSwap hashtag
- Sponsors mentioned by correct handles 81 times
- The Stylish Boston ladies collectively increased mentions for our sponsors 800% over past events
- 58, 303 people reached via twitter!
- Determined that the Top Tweet for all of #BFW11 on Thursday was from a beauty company in Florida!
Download the entire Social Media Case Study for the Swap event. (right-click on Social Media Case Study and select Save Link as…)
Contact us about our services if you want assistance leveraging social media into your next event, whether you’re an event organizer, venue or sponsor, we have specialized services for each group, even networkers.