On Sunday, October 2, 2011 from 5:45 PM to 7:30 PM, Joselin Mane of BostonTweetUp was invited to attend #SMStars by Persia Tatar one of the founding members of Social Media Society and one of the organizer of the #SMStars event.
The event was to award several individuals that were doing innovative things in Boston via Social Media.
Here are the names of the winners :
- Christina Inge, VP Social Media, AMA Boston
- Ann Zeigler Marketing Manager, Boston Red Sox
- Dharmesh Shah, Founder, CTO HubSpot
- Suzanne Livingston, Chief Evangelist and Senior Product Manager, IBM
- John Gallant, Chief Content Officer and Brian Carlson, Editor in Chief, IDG Enterprise
- Alex Bottiglio, Internet Marketing Director, Karmin Music
- Lauri Stevens, Principal, LAwS Communications
- David Oksman, Head of Marketing, the Life is good Company
- Jenna Lebel, Managing Director, Social Media Strategy, Likeable Media
- Ann Handley, Founder, MarketingProfs
- Liz Loney, Junior Strategist, MRM Worldwide
- Michael Hall, Director of New Media, New England Sports Network
- CC Chapman, Author, Speaker, Entrepreneur
- Ian Cohen, Executive Producer, Weber Shandwick
It was great to see many of the award winners have been associated with BostonTweetUp in one way or another.
- We coached Christina on how to best run tweetups for the AMA and now they seem to run them every month.
- Joselin Mane was invited to a roundtable discussion with the red sox on how to best leverage tweetups and social media
- Ann Handley we help put together a couple of tweetups
- We are been a long time supporter of Hubspot and all of their events and visit HupSpot TV almost weekly
- We interviewed Laurie Stevens at 140Boston and event we co-hosted
- CC Chapman has run the Social Media mini-tweetup at MegaTweetUp
- We had Karim perform at MegaTweetUp
Congrats to all the winners and we look forward to hearing more about the Social Media Society when they return to Boston.